Surely you already know how to make Gmail on Android? Usually people create a Gmail account to be able to download applications on the Play Store. There are also those who just want to send SMS.
“Why are you texting?” Yes, now you can send SMS via Gmail for free. How cool are you guys?
Oh yes, surely you have also logged in on other devices, whether it’s on someone else’s smartphone or PC. Have you? But, have you ever forgotten to log out of your Gmail account?
If so, it’s very dangerous! It’s better if you immediately log out of your Gmail account from the device.
“What if the device is no longer with us?”
Don’t worry, guys, now there’s a way to log out of Gmail on other devices remotely. Curious how do you do it? Alright, just take a look, guys.
Why Should You Log Out of Gmail on Another Device?
Before discussing how to log out of Gmail on a cellphone, you also need to know first “Why do you have to log out of Gmail that is stuck on another device?”.
Well, so that you’re not curious, just take a look!
1. Keeping Gmail Safe
The thing you need to know, the reason why you have to remove a Gmail account that is stuck on another device is so that your Gmail is more secure.
The meaning is safe here is that your Gmail is not hijacked by irresponsible people. Who knows, people who are accessing devices that are still connected to your Gmail are fun.
It could be that the person sent a Gmail message containing spam to another person on behalf of your name.
It’s even possible that this person will read all of your Gmail messages without your knowledge. So, this is really something to watch out for guys.
2. So that other people don’t know your social media password
The second reason why you should log out of Gmail on another device is so that people don’t know your other social media passwords.
As we have discussed, to find out social media passwords, you can go through the password history in Gmail, guys.
So, it could be that the person holding the device, is just looking for your social media password history via Gmail and will hack your Instagram or Facebook account easily.
If this is the case, it will be a hassle later. Because, restoring hacked Instagram and Facebook accounts is not easy. So, make sure you log out of Gmail right away!
3. Avoiding the Occurrence of Other Devices Tapped
The third reason why you should immediately log out of your Gmail account is to avoid the occurrence of other connected devices being tapped.
As we already know, if our information is immediately recorded in Gmail, right?
It could be that the person holding the device that is still connected to your Gmail installs an application that can monitor your routine on other devices such as your cellphone and laptop.
Especially now that there is a way to track someone’s location just by using Gmail.
Surely you don’t want to feel uncomfortable or terrorized by other people? Well, if you don’t want to immediately log out of your Gmail account, guys!
4. Avoid Deleting Incoming and Outgoing Emails
The next reason why you have to log out of your Gmail account is to avoid incoming and outgoing emails being deleted by irresponsible people.
Surely you have an important email in Gmail, whether it’s an incoming email or an outgoing email. Of course you also don’t want the email to be deleted.
Well, if your Gmail is still stuck on another device, that person could delete it on purpose so that you lose important emails.
Before you regret too deeply, so immediately log out of Gmail remotely!
5. Avoiding Data Theft
The fifth reason why you should log out of your Gmail account is to avoid data theft. This data theft can be in the form of contacts, emails, related accounts, downloads and so on.
These data are usually connected to your Gmail, guys. So, it’s possible that the person holding the device will steal your data, because the device is still connected to your Gmail.
Especially if the data is really important. Whoops! Immediately, log out of your Gmail remotely.
Now you know the reason why you have to log out of Gmail on your cellphone. This is solely so that all your data is more secure. Well, here’s how to log out of Gmail on your cellphone remotely.
How to Log Out Gmail on Other Devices Using Android
For those of you who use Android, you can follow these steps to remotely log out your Gmail account.
- First, open the browser on your Android >Then visit the site ‘My Google Account’ and tap the ‘Sign In’ button in the top right corner.
- Second, after that tap ‘Use Another Account’ > then enter your Gmail address correctly. If you have tap the ‘Next’ button.
- Third, next enter your Gmail password correctly. If you have tap the ‘Next’ button and tap the ‘Sign-in & Security’ feature.
- Fourth, then you scroll the page until you find the ‘Recent Used Devices’ feature. If you have tap ‘Review Devices’. Then all devices that are still connected to your Gmail will appear. Well, to remove it select the Device. Like the following example tapdevice ‘Samsung Galaxy S8+’.
- Fifth, then tap the ‘Remove’ button and a confirmation box will appear, you just tap ‘Remove’.
Well, now it’s worked if the device can’t access your Gmail anymore. Then you can tap ‘Close’ and delete other devices that you don’t want.
How to Log Out Gmail on Other Devices Using iPhone
For those of you who use an iPhone, the method is also not much different from Android.
But if you don’t know how, you can just follow the steps below!
- First, open a browser on your Android >Then visit the site ‘My Google Account’. If you haven’t logged in to your Google account, you have to login first. If you have directly tap the ‘Security’ menu at the top > then you can tap the ‘Security issues found’ feature by tapping the ‘Secure account’ button.
- Second, after that, several devices that have been connected to your Gmail account will appear. For example here selecting the ‘iPhone’ device. If you have just clicked on the device > >Then tap the ‘REMOVE’ button.
- Third, a confirmation box will appear next, just tap ‘REMOVE’. Well, if successful, an ‘Access removed’ notification will appear, just tap ‘CLOSE’.
How to Log Out Gmail on Other Devices Using PC
For those of you who use a PC or laptop, the method is also not much different from Android and iPhone.
Well, you can follow the steps below to remotely log out a Gmail account on another device using a PC.
- First, open a browser on your PC >Then visit the site ‘My Google Account’. Like the following image example.
- Second, after that click the ‘Sign in’ button to login to your Gmail account.
- Third, next select the email address you want to remove from other devices > Then enter your Gmail password. If you have clicked the ‘Next’ button.
- Fourth, then you select the ‘Security issues found’ feature by clicking the ‘Secure account’ button.
- Fifth, then you select ‘Your devices’ to see which devices are still connected to your Gmail.
- Sixth, after that several devices will appear that are still connected to your Gmail. For example, here select the device ‘Windows’. Well, then you just click the ‘Remove’ button to logout from the device.
- If successful, a notification will appear on the bottom screen containing ‘Removing device…’. Like the following image example!
So, how are you guys? You already know how to log out of Gmail on other devices remotely. Oh yes, don’t forget to also share with your friends the article about how to log out of Gmail on other devices remotely.
So that they also know what to do after losing their smartphone. Well, if you have a way of logging out of Gmail on another remote device or criticism and suggestions, you can write them down in the comments column below, okay?